Terms and Condition
This website is owned and operated by Drum Books Ltd trading as Nic Nac Noo.
The registered office is 606 Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh, EH16 4SN, Scotland, UK.
If you need to contact us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to reply to emails within 1 working day. You can call customer services on 0844 561 0460 or from outside the UK + 44 121 352 6560 .
Our VAT number is 859322795 and our company registration number: SC244901
Dum Books Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for data protection under registration Z1554148
Making a contract with us / How to place an order
The advertising of products on our Website constitutes an “invitation to treat”; and your order for products constitutes a contractual offer. No contract will come into force between you and us, unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedure detailed below. Please note that all prices on our site are inclusive of VAT.
In order to enter into a contract to purchase products from us, you will need to take the following steps:
- Identify the item you want to buy
- Put it in your cart (you can change quantities if you want)
- Add any other items that you want to buy
- Put in any relevant discount code (these are case sensitive)
- Click proceed to checkout
- You can either check out as a guest or register with us for your future convenience. If you have registered with us before you can log in.
- Complete the billing, shipping, shipping method information (you will be able to add gift messages at this stage).
- You can now review your order, make changes if necessary and then click through for payment.
- You will then be directed to WorldPay for taking payment or Paypal if you choose. We do not hold any credit card details on our site. Your payment is secured via high level encryption.
- Once you have paid you will be returned to www.nicnacnoo.com.
- We will send you an order acknowledgment. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance.
- Once we have shipped the goods (which is normally the next working day after you place your order), we will send you an order confirmation (at which point your order will become a binding contract).
- Order acceptance and completion of the contract will have occurred when you have received the goods.
The contract will be conducted in English.
Non acceptance of an order may be due to one of the following having occurred:
- A product being out of stock; please note this would only be down to an error. We do not mark items as in stock unless they are in stock.
- Non authorisation of your payment.
- Other non compliance with our terms.
- Orders over £75 will be sent Free of Charge to the Mainland UK
- Orders under £75 are £4.90 to the UK (except Channel Islands)
- Zone 1 - £16.90 Austria, Belgium, Channel Islands, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden
- Zone 2 - £39.90 Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Macedonia, Romania, Croatia, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Turkey, Ukraine, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland
- Rest of the World - £69.90
- Goods are usually shipped the next working day First Class via Royal Mail or by courier. If the items are particularly heavy a shipping surcharge may be applied. We will write to you before this is done to let you know and get your permission.
- If the goods are lost or damaged in transit, please let us know promptly, so that we can make a claim against the carriers. We will offer you the choice of a replacement or a full refund.
Cancellation and returns
This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault — for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
You can cancel your contract before delivery, and up to 7 working days after delivery. To do this, please e-mail us email@example.com or write to us, Ed McCabe, NicNacNoo, 606 Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh, EH16 4SN, UK. We will refund your money, including the original postage charges, within 30 days.
You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
If you cancel, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You are responsible for the risk of loss or damage when you return goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value.
If you fail to do return the goods, we will collect them, and we will charge you the direct cost of collection. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
If there is a problem with the goods, please contact us to discuss the matter further.
If the goods are found to be faulty within a reasonable time after delivery, you may reject them and claim a full refund, plus compensation for your losses.
If a fault is found later on, or if you delay in making a complaint, you will still be entitled to a repair or, if a repair cannot be done without causing you significant inconvenience, a replacement. If a replacement is not available, you may be able to claim a part or full refund of your money, plus compensation for any other losses incurred.
Changes to these terms
These terms were last changed on [1 July 2010]. Previous versions of our standard terms and conditions can be viewed here.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.